Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"You can have one more good night of sleep!"... yeah right!

So at lunch Paul and I discussed our strategy to convince the doctor I needed to go ahead and have this baby.
- I'm already 40 weeks... that's full term
- The baby is clearly big enough... I mean, he weighs 53 pounds
- I've been measuring about a week or two ahead anyway so it's like waiting til 42 to induce
- I'm an emotional and physical wreck.... this point I was going to make by crying
- I've been having natural contractions for weeks and they are getting me no where
These were a few of our ideas.

So at the actual appointment I found out I've gained another three pounds and my blood pressure was pretty high. Definitely higher than it's been my whole pregnancy but I'm pretty sure I was just uber stressed out by the time we got there cause it's my due date and I did NOT want to just get sent home again. Upon the check I was almost 2 cm but Peter's head is still "bouncy" as the doctor put it. I was also measuring 41 weeks. The baby's heart rate was a great 137. So I'm all prepared to fight for delivering sooner than later and I didn't have to! Dr. Golden said he definitely wanted us to have this baby this week! I think my high blood pressure made him a little nervous so he said he wanted some blood work done and if anything looked wrong we would induce tonight and if everything looked good then we'd induce tomorrow morning. So we went to building 22 and I had blood drawn and then we waited. Dr. Golden called me at about 6 and said that everything looked good and we should be at the hospital at 7 tomorrow morning. We'll start an induction and the within 12 to 24 we'll see if we need to have a c-section or can deliver vaginally. Obviously after all this I really want to have a vaginal delivery but I'm prepared for a c-section if that's the best thing for both of us. The doctor says it's a toss up what will happen because my cervix isn't super favorable but since I've been having contractions hopefully my body will respond to the extra little push! If you're reading this anytime before Thursday morning say a prayer that both Peter and I will respond to the meds and he will engage and I'll dilate all the way.

One way or another we should have a baby by Thursday afternoon!!!

Wow... I'm so excited/nervous/speechless...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Wishing you an easy and painless delivery....or at least as easy and painless as birth can be!

    ReplyDelete