Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm afraid my cat is going to be maladjusted


So one of Paul and Malachi's rituals is called "Man Time" in which they snuggle together on the recliner. Though I have repeatedly explained it to Malachi, I'm not sure he understands that our house is getting a new man and when Paul and Peter have "Man Time", he will not be involved. Also I'm a little worried that in his old age he's losing track of time because we can only be gone for a couple hours and he acts like we've left him for days when we come home now. This picture was taken this afternoon after we had been gone for about 5 hours. I think he's attempting to become one with Paul.
Malachi is also not a fan of me sleeping in in the morning. Normally it's not an issue because Paul gets up long before me and feeds him, but on this particular morning Paul had slept in (he claims that someone kept him up crying but I'm sure that person was in pain and not feeling good so he should forgive them). I had gotten up and eaten at like 6 and then gone back to sleep. At like 9:30 when I got up to go to the bathroom this was the site I saw. Since we moved he doesn't sleep in our bed anymore and though we didn't tell him he couldn't, he also doesn't even come in our room anymore. He sleeps all over the house but if the sun has been up too long with no new food in his bowl, he sits just outside the room and waits for us to come feed him. Once he saw me moving he started crying, but I have no idea how long he had just been sitting there waiting for me.

This baby thing is really gonna throw him off...

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor beastie! Don't worry, I'll bet he and Peter will be best friends-that's how it happened with me and my mom's cat!

    ReplyDelete