Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This is my friend... I call her "Lady Spider"


Lady Spider has been living outside our kitchen for almost two months now and while the picture doesn't really do her justice, she's huge. People keep asking why we don't kill her or move her... two reasons... One, Paul says she eats the bad bugs and I do think the bug problem in the kitchen is better with her guarding the window... Two, as long as I can see her, I don't mind her. Now the day that I go look for her and she is gone, then I will have issues. The point of her getting some time here on babycaspers.blogspot is because she's been pregnant. Twice, that we know of. About two weeks after she first arrived we noticed how plump she was getting. Then one morning she was skinny again. After some looking Paul found an egg sack about the size of my thumb in the corner of the window. He promptly moved it to the other end of the yard. I can deal with one spider, but not one hundred and fifty. I don't really know if that's how many babies would have come out, but two mascot kitchen spiders is one more than I need. Congratulations Lady Spider, I was very happy for her even though we took her babies away. She didn't seem to mind though, Paul said she didn't even try to stop him when he took the egg sack. So then a couple of weeks ago she started getting fat again (which Paul said was rude to point out since I didn't like when people said it to me) and just last night I told Paul... "I bet she has her babies before I have my baby". And then this morning... there she is in the same corner putting the finishing touches on her egg sack. No congratulations this time, I'm totally jealous of a garden spider who has managed to have babies at least twice in the time I've been pregnant. She beat me, just like I said she would. If she lays another sack before Peter comes, I'm gonna go out there and squish her.

1 comment:

  1. Peter will arrive this Saturday Aug. 14th. Make sure you have everything done and your suitcase packed, yours and Peter's. Oh and don't forget the camera. Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete