Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Is it going to be cowboy day forever?"

One of my VBS kids asked this about halfway through the week and (though I did have a lot of fun during last week) the answer is happily "Praise God, no"! VBS did in fact end and I think I may have pretty much recovered. We had almost 60 kids each night, about 30 workers, and 2 kids made decisions during the week! I averaged about 10 kids from the age of 2 to 6 and thankfully had two really great helpers. It was definitely a successful week!

31 weeks.. woo hoo! That means we only have 9 weeks left before he is actually "due". According to our OB the overwhelming statistics say that first time moms deliver about a week late, so I probably really do have over 2 months left to go... whew... it makes me tired just thinking about it! We are doing good... my blood pressure, sugar, weight gain etc. are all fine... baby's heartrate, kick counts, and measurements all look good too! So far it's been a very smooth pregnancy but I am really starting to feel it these days. The last two weekends we have been to pool/lake parties and I am loving being in the water. I have NEVER been much of a water person before but it feels so good to just float around. My joints don't bother me nearly as bad and I still feel like I'm getting a little exercise. Unfortunately then I get out and I feel like I weigh a million pounds! I can definitely tell that the baby is getting stronger because his kicks are quite powerful these days. Every now and then he will even make me jump. He is also gets the hiccups about once a day and they are below my belly button so I'm hoping that means he is turned the right way already. I'm thinking August 2 sounds like a good day to have a baby but Paul is hoping for August 9 so that his birthday will be 8/9/10. I think we are narrowing in on a name too! We got a crib a couple of days ago and hopefully the nursery will get finished as soon as we come back from camp. Just hoping he stays in a for a little longer... his current accommodations are much less lacking that where he will be when he gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment