Monday, June 7, 2010

The fine line between lazy and careful

I feel like I spend a large majority of my time these days contemplating this line and which side of it I am on. As I sit here at 10:30 on a Monday night eating blue box Mac n Cheese straight out of the pot, I am thinking about it again. Sure... I could chalk up everything sluggish or selfish I do as being "for the baby", but sometimes I think I'm probably just being lazy and pregnancy provides a wonderful excuse. For instance, I have always been a big fan of naps. I think the entire country should siesta from 1-4... brilliant. Today though I had only been awake for an hour and a half before I laid back down to sleep for 3 hours. (Granted we are having VBS in the evenings at our church this week). Now everyone (including my doctor) tells me I need to take it easy "for the baby", that there are things I have to do slower "for the baby", or can't do at all "because of the baby", and I am NOT saying I want to get those things back, but what I am say is if the pre-pregnancy Jessica would have happily slept until 10:30, then got up, ate, and gone back to sleep until 3, then did I really do it "for the baby"... I'm just saying, I think I did that more for me. (And don't hear me wrong, I don't feel bad about it... I'm planning on doing it again tomorrow... I've just been thinking about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment