Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm going to open a baby store and only give you one option on everything... you will NOT have a wall of pacifiers to choose from

Yay for a new house! We are loving being home owners and we love our happy little home. I'm hoping to get pictures up soon, but we still have a lot of work to do. The living room and kitchen are set up, though could still use some decorating. Paul is currently painting and carpeting our bedroom so we can set that room up and move the extra bedroom furniture out of the living room. He has a lot of sorting to do to get his office ready and a lot of that stuff is currently in the nursery. We picked out this really cute bright green color for the nursery and hope to paint it sometime this week or next. And tomorrow they are set to deliver our.... WASHER AND DRYER! Apparently Lowe's "next day" delivery is actually "one week" delivery if they are running behind.

There are so many fun firsts in our first house... here are a few:
- the first time we got real mail in our real mailbox!
- the first time the real trashtruck picked up the trash from our real trashcan (soon we hope to be able to recycle too)
- the first time Paul got to find Malachi after he left the house
- the first box that got unpacked (it had kitchen stuff in it)
- the first movie we watched from our two recliners (Sherlock Holmes, if you must know)
- the first time I chased the cat out of the baby's room
- the first time we got to drive only 10 minutes to get to church instead of 45!
- the first time we both got to pee at the same time cause there are two toilets!!
Ah... so many good memories!!

In baby news we had another prenatal visit. Everything went well except for I didn't pass my glucose test. I went yesterday for a longer test at the lab and since I haven't heard anything yet I'm assuming I passed this time. I know it saves on phone calls but I hate the "no news is good news" policy that doctor's offices have. The baby kicks a lot now and it's fun to watch if you happen to catch him shaking my belly. This morning I went to two different stores to start baby registries and it was super stressful. There are just two many choices! Plus I don't know yet what I will like or need or what the baby will prefer or if my baby will have any special needs or requirements. I think mommy is ready for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment