Tuesday, January 12, 2010

That little grey smudge disappearing and reappearing is one of the best things I've ever seen...



Last Thursday Paul and I got the very great joy of seeing our baby for the first time!! I was working at Women's Hope and when we had a little free time the nurse offered to do one for me. They are great at early ultrasounds, but at only eight weeks and two days I wasn't sure if we'd be able to see anything. But pretty quickly that little human-shaped peanut popped up on the screen. That was my first relief seeing that the baby is all settled in the correct place and then seeing the heartbeat really set my mind at ease. I am nine weeks today so I know that things could still happen but so far everything looks good. Baby is measuring a little small but when I get a 12 week ultrasound we'll know better if my due date needs to be moved. Heart rate = 170 beats per minute

After seeing the baby last week we've been a little freer with telling people our good news so feel free to share it also if you like. We won't know if it's a boy or girl until the end of March and the decision to find out or not is still up in the air. At first I wanted to know, then I thought it would be a good surprise, but now I'm thinking again that I can't wait. So at least I have about two months to decide! Opinions?

I've gotten my morning sickness under control pretty well by changing my eating habits and I'm not nearly as tired as I was a few weeks ago. We have a second prenatal appointment on this Friday and now my biggest fear is that I've already gained too much weight! I've got to remember that the second person I'm eating for isn't exactly a full grown person (or even a mostly grown person for that matter). Please continue to pray for our home loan, we hope to hear a final decision this week for the mortgage company.



4 comments:

  1. So excited for a blog all about little Caspers - Jessica you've got to stop referring to the baby as "she." If the baby's a "he," that will not go over well =). I hope you're feeling well, and I can't wait to see a cute little baby bump! Congrats you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done it both ways... finding out the gender of the baby and not finding out. Here is what you need to ask yourself... 1. will you doubt what the doctors tell you the baby is and wonder the whole time if they are right? If so, DON'T find out. They can't be wrong then. 2. Can you live with a "neutral" nursery? If so, DON'T find out! The surprise is worth it in the moment. And, you get more gifts that way... people give you the "basics" you need at showers and then clothes when he/she arrives!!! Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops... the last post was from me, Christy. A.J. also uses my account for his blog, so his name came up. I am not a 7 year old boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for advice Christy. We're missing you at work. Hope your new one is a bundle of much joy!!

    ReplyDelete