Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our little sweet pea



Paul says their are far too many pictures of us on this blog and since I don't really have a picture of our baby yet, this will have to do!

This picture is from a book called "A Child is Born" that my mom gave me. I have seen these images many times before at Women's Hope, but it is so surreal to think that that tiny baby is actually inside of me. The baby in the picture is five weeks old and is about the size of a apple seed. I am now six weeks and my baby is a little bigger, the size of a pea! Though still called an embryo at this point, my baby is really looking like a cute little infant with arms, legs, a head, and torso. Also my baby has a beating heart, lungs, kidneys, and a liver. We went to the OB last week and everything is going well. We got to see two pink lines again (darker this time!) and they drew lots of blood for testing. I will go back again on January 15 to hopefully hear sweet pea's beautiful heartbeat! In general I feel fine though very tired. I pray the Lord will continue to keep me healthy and Paul too because he is being so sweet and a big help. It has been so fun to be at home with my family celebrating at this time and having my mommy here to help me know what to expect.

Belly pictures to come, Ginny!

No comments:

Post a Comment