Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Making the Big Announcement

Whew! It's so nice now that our families know. I managed to keep it quiet for a while (though not all the way until Christmas). Last week Mommy, Gran, Dottie, and Sam came to Auburn and at lunch I gave them all a Christmas card with their new title (Grandmother, Two Great-grandmothers, and Aunt respectively). They were surprised and excited and I was so excited to be able to tell them. Actually Samantha already knew since I had talked to her on the phone the day I found out and she twisted it out of me by saying "hello". She's the only one to cry so far. Yesterday when we came to Birmingham for Christmas we were able to tell Paul's family and they were also super excited, though his mom claims that she "knew" we were going to tell. They say moms do have a way or knowing things. Maybe I'll get that special gift soon. Today I told my sweet former roommates at lunch and my dad's family at dinner. Apparently we like to be at a meal to tell people. Maybe we figure they won't make a scene if we are at a restaurant! No, everyone has been very supportive and glad which is good because this is the only Christmas present everyone is getting this year. And we think our little sweet pea is definitely a good enough gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment