Monday, July 23, 2012

Run, Forrest, Run

Paul and I are training for a 5K.  I'll wait for you to get up off the floor now.... Anyone who has known me for years knows that I am not an exerciser.  I am determined to change that though! I've been struggling to lose my baby weight from Peter so I started exercising regularly last November. I've lost a few pounds here and there and they have added up nicely.  Now the running...

My dad is a runner.  He's run a number of races and done very well.  His new goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon.  THE BOSTON MARATHON.  How awesome is that! I know that one of his goals is to also run with his children (or grandchildren).  And since he is in remarkable health he will probably make it to running with the grandkids.  In the meantime Samantha and I are going to do a 5K with him.  The Color Run in Birmingham on September 3.  To get ready for it we are using the couch to 5K program.  It's a great program and I have really enjoyed it.  I haven't hurt or been sore at all (yet). Day one of each week is really tough but I have made it through every workout and I am super proud of myself.  A weight loss update post to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment