Monday, June 18, 2012

Last week Peter went to Camp Mimi from Saturday to Saturday while Paul and I were at Youth Camp from Monday to Friday.   Last summer we left him for four days while we went to a wedding.  But this is only the second time we have left him for more than overnight.  When we dropped him off Saturday I cried and cried.  I'm sure the other moms out there know how I feel.  I tried to explain it to Paul but I don't think I did a very good job.  Right now, Peter is my job.  My days are consumed by what he eats, when he sleeps, what he is doing.  It was like I left a piece of me behind when I left him.  Paul did a good job of keeping me busy that day so I could kind of get over it.  Now don't get me wrong, I missed him so much that week. But I had an amazing time at camp!  I'm a mom.  It's what I do and it's who I am.  And I love it.  But for those five days of camp I was just a follower of Jesus.  I could worship and fellowship undistracted.  And Peter seemed to have an amazing time.  Mommas, if you have a chance, I highly recommend it!!








No comments:

Post a Comment